Buberry Winter Glow Holiday 2014 Collection Review

Happy new year!!!! Can't believe that it's 2015 already, time flies so fast :)
Boring as i am, i didn't spend the new year's eve at somewhere fancy or crowd. Instead, i rolled in my bed, while reading some The Mortal Instruments fan fictions and cursed occasionally at the sound of cheap fireworks from around the neighborhood. Lol, even new year won't change the fact that i'm a total geek. Not that i'm complaining though, i'm quite proud with my geek-ness (is that even a word??? LOL).

Anyway, i know that it's been a while since i wrote the last beauty review which was months ago, which is why writing more beauty review is also on top of my new year resolutions. So after prepared a better quality photos for 2 days (lol i still have housewife and mom duties anyway) here's my first beauty review on 2015 *yay*

I may not said it a lot but i love Burberry beauty products so much ever since i've discovered the brand. There's not even one of their products that i've bought that's disappointing, in fact all of them are beyond expectations, that easily made Winter Glow Collection the most anticipated holiday collection on my list last year.

Inspired by the soft light of winter, Winter Glow collection is focusing on glowing, luminescent skin with oxblood and gold hues. The collection consists of fragranced luminizing powder (which i would review separately), eye shadow palette, 2 lip mists and 2 lip glows each in gold and oxblood shades which all come in a limited gold packaging.

Got myself almost the entire collection except the gold lip mist and lip glow. I have never interested with gold lip product so i decided to skip them *shrug*
Well anyway, here they are..

BURBERRY Winter Glow




Burberry Gold Glow No. 25 is a limited edition palette that contains four earthy colors from cool, neutral to warm that would suit on a lot of skin tones. It has a soft buttery texture, good pigmentation, very easy to apply and blend and lasted more than 10 hours on my very oily eye lids.

I love the neutral and wearable shades. Applying eye shadow seemed very easy with this palette, the texture is ah.ma.zing!


Left to right: warm dark brown with satin finish, bronze copper with satin finish and golden shimmer, silvery taupe with satin finish, light beige with shimmery finish




Burberry Oxblood Lip Mist No. 214 is a medium dark red glossy lipstick that has balmy effect; light, comfortable and hydrating. This lipstick is sheer with semi transparent quality but the color is buildable. It glides effortlessly on my lips, doesn't settle into my lip lines and although it's sheer the color still covers my lip color entirely.

I love this lipstick! Not only it feels heavenly on my lips, gives a nice contrast to my NC20 skin; it's perfect for day look when i want to look dramatic without looking too bright or striking. It looks very dark on tube but appears lighter and sheerer on lips. And it has the Burberry signature rose scent that i love so much! I only wish it has better staying power. It only lasted 3-4 hours on me and even less when i eat or drink.


Oxblood Lip Cover No. 33 is deeper and darker in comparison to the Oxblood Lip Mist.





Burberry Oxblood Lip Glow No. 23 is a red fuchsia lip gloss that applies smoothly on lips. This lip gloss is light, sheer with creamy texture with nice finish, not too glossy nor tacky. It lasted about 2 hours on me without drinking or eating, it also has the rose signature scent.

I love that it doesn't feel sticky and gives me a nice juicy looking lips. It appears too sheer for my liking when worn alone but it gives a nice touch to my vampy lipsticks.


The swatches. Both appeared sheerer than they look on the tubes
The color turned deep cherry red when worn together, so beautiful.



How it looks on me :)



I love love love this collection. I originally only planned to buy the eye shadow palette and the fragranced luminizing powder, but i couldn't resist the Oxbloods when i saw them in person. And i didn't regret it, every product worth every penny. I love the natural yet dramatic look the products give and i highly recommended them. You may still find them online or if you happen to be at Singapore you can visit Burberry counters at Tangs Plaza :)

Well that's it then. OMG it took me 4 days to complete this post lol, i hope you like it though. And see you on next post!

XX


















Comments

Popular Posts